Old Settler’s Music Festival relies heavily on its volunteers. We have a new home, and we cannot wait to welcome you to our 2018 festival. We have received an amazing outpouring of support from current and potential volunteers, and we are incredibly grateful. If you are interested in becoming a volunteer for OSMF 2018, registration is open now.
We have been crazy busy readying the new site for our 2018 festival. Much progress has been made, but we will need your help to get us to the finish line. We have retained a great crew of volunteer talent, and can’t wait to add you to the team. We have volunteer opportunities in the months leading up to the fest, as well as during the festival in April.
There are perks to being part of the team. Volunteer for 16 hours during the festival, and you get a free four-day festival ticket with a camping pass. Volunteer for 12 hours, and you get a free three-day festival ticket without camping. You also get a free festival t-shirt. You do not get a free car camping permit or a free RV pass, these must be purchased.
Please fill out the volunteer application, and let us know your availability and interests. Stay tuned for details on our volunteer open house weekend —when you will have a chance to walk the land, meet the team, and be a part of building a new and improved OSMF on our very own piece of paradise in Caldwell County.
Registering and attending the volunteer meeting does not guarantee you a spot on a volunteer crew. If you are chosen for a team and have already purchased a ticket, sorry, we cannot refund your money.
Please Note: we do receive more applications than we have volunteer spots – so we cannot, unfortunately, guarantee anyone a place.
Our volunteers are often the only festival employees our attendees see-and they’re instrumental in setting the Texas-friendly vibe that keeps fans coming back. As such, we do ask that volunteers maintain a friendly, civil, and welcoming demeanor at all times.
We also ask that all volunteers report for work on time, dressed appropriately, and free of the influence of alcohol or other substances. For a complete list of volunteer rules and expectations, click here.
Ways to Volunteer
Some of our volunteering teams require special expertise-we’re always looking for registered nurses, for example. But you don’t need a special skill to volunteer-and as you’ll see below, there’s something for everyone. Check out our list of volunteer teams:
- Artist Relations & Transportation. Be the first line of contact for tour managers and artists. Make sure our artists are provided for, with a roof over their heads and transportation. Coordinate with tour managers on artist hospitality requests.
- Artist Hospitality & Green Room. Make sure our artists get everything they need. Set up and tear down green rooms where artists relax between performances-and make sure their hospitality requests are fulfilled.
- Backstage Beverages. Take care of the backstage crew-providing beverages for artists, VIP’s, staff, and stage crew members.
- Backstage Catering. Help provide tasty meals to artists and crew on Friday and Saturday at the Hill Country Stage-breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Make sure special food requests are taken care of, and solicit food donations.
- Stage Management. Make sure everything runs smoothly at the Bluebonnet or Hill Country stages. Manage performance schedules, coordinate artists and crew, and generally be in charge.
- Box Office. Help with ticket sales at our box office. Sell tickets, check attendees in, and secure wristbands.
- Camping Crew. Help run the campground. Manage the gates, help campers set up electrical connections and hoses, answer questions, and make sure rules are followed. Sell ice to campers.
- Communications. Serve as a dispatcher to various teams throughout the festival. Alert different groups to move to areas of the festival where there’s a need. Be the Puppet Master.
- Electrical Crew. Make sure we’re wired up, repair and troubleshoot as needed, and ensure electrical safety-both on the stages and throughout the festival. Only for licensed electricians.
- First Aid Team: We provide BASIC 1ST AID during the festival on the campground as well as at the Festival Music Venues. The First Aid Team accepts the following: Drs, PAs, NPs, RNs, LVNs, MAs, CNAs, Paramedics, EMTs, Medics & some medical students. CPR is required, BLS & ACLS are a bonus.
- Information and Volunteer Check-In. Be the first stop for all arriving volunteers. Check in new volunteers, provide credentials and packets, and tell them where to go. Provide information to both volunteers and festival attendees.
- Merchandise Crew. Order, distribute, and sell merchandise-both for the festival and for the artists.
- Pre-fest Site Crew. Help us get the site ready for visitors.
- Production Crew. Keep the show going! Manage all aspects of the festival’s production needs. Be the communication link between sound, lights, and stage management to keep everything on time and running smoothly. Coordinate stage managers at the Campground and Discovery stages.
- Security Crew. Protect the safety of patrons, volunteers, and artists throughout the festival. Prevent unauthorized entry onto festival grounds.
- Set-Up and Tear-Down: Structures. Help set up our tents, fences, stages, and other infrastructure before the festival-and tear it down at the end.
- Set-Up and Tear-Down: Tables and Chairs. Make sure everyone has a place to sit. Set up and break down tables and chairs for specific performances and activities, as well as at the beginning and end of the festival.
- Signs and Banners. Order, inventory, and hang our festival signage.
- Trash Collection. Keep the festival clean and hygienic. Help collect and haul trash and recycling; keep bins from overflowing; and pick up litter as needed.
- Watering Hole. Sell beer and wine to thirsty concert attendees.
- Youth Activities. Plan and provide special activities for our kids’ program. Run an arts and crafts class, give performances, provide face painting, and more. If you have a unique idea, write firstname.lastname@example.org —we’re always open to suggestions.