Many of our kids’ activities are free (although tipping is appreciated), while some charge a fee. We look forward to creating new memories for your children-and providing an unforgettable experience for kids and adults alike.
Kids grow up so fast. They start out getting their faces painted and riding the ponies; and in an eye-blink, they’re up on stage in the Youth Talent Competition.
Many of our most loyal attendees have been coming back to Old Settler’s since they were young-and we consider them part of the festival family. From toddlers to teenagers, we encourage you to bring your kids – and we have plenty of activities and programs to keep them smiling.
Our kids’ programs change every year but we always include fun, low tech activities centered around music and the environment. At past festivals, kids have learned to build their own instruments; taken hula-hoop workshops; and marched in the Kids’ Earth Day Parade.
Past Kids’ Activities:
• A petting zoo and pony rides.
• Face painting.
• Rock climbing.
• Arts and crafts.
• Storytelling, sing-alongs, and impromptu concerts for kids.
• Colorful and creative balloons by Da Balloonatic.
• Environmental education workshops.
• Bubbles with Joyful Bubbles
• A nationally-recognized youth music competition for those 18 and younger.