Let’s face it, the lineup for every day of Old Settler’s Music Fest is amazing, but Saturday is a special little gem among diamonds. Here are 7 reasons to be psyched for Saturday (as if you really need all 7…)
Do not miss Saturday at Old Setter’s Music Festival
- The Youth Talent Competition starts at 10:30 am and you will not be disappointed at the talent showcased by these performers, all of which are age 18 and under. We’re pretty proud of the talent that we’ve found through the competition and are excited to see how much success our winners achieve.
- Speaking of past winners, Sarah Jarosz won the talent competition in 2002, and performs on the Hill Country stage Saturday evening. She also has two brand-spanking-new Grammys!
- She won’t be the only Grammy award winner, Los Lobos and The Del McCoury Band have a few Grammys to their acclaim and will both play on the Hill Country Stage Saturday evening.
- In total, 16 bands take the stage on Saturday. Which comes out to a pretty cost effective $4.56 for each performance.
- You know what else is pretty cool about Saturday? Swedish bluegrass! Vӓsen takes the Hill Country Stage Saturday afternoon and brings a refreshing blend of traditional Swedish folk music, rock, jazz, and bluegrass.
- Nikki Lane and Old 97’s both perform on Saturday and both just released brand new albums. You know who else just released an album AND is playing on Saturday?