Activities for Kids
A Festival for the Whole Family.
Kids grow up so fast. They start out getting their faces painted and bouncing on the inflatable slide; and in an eye-blink, they’re up on stage in the Youth Talent Competition.
Many of our most loyal attendees have been coming back to Old Settler’s since they were young-and we consider them part of the festival family. From toddlers to teenagers, we encourage you to bring your kids-and we have plenty of activities and programs to keep them smiling.
Our kids’ programs are held both at Camp Ben McCulloch and the Salt Lick, and they change every year. At past festivals, kids have learned to build their own instruments; taken hula-hoop workshops; and marched in the Kids’ Earth Day Parade. Here are some of the usual highlights:
At the Salt Lick:
- An entire inflatable playground, complete with a monster slide.
- A petting zoo and pony rides.
- Face painting.
- Rock climbing.
- Arts and crafts.
- Environmental education workshops taught by grad student volunteers.
- A nationally-recognized youth musical competition for those 18 and younger.
At Camp Ben:
- The playground: slides, swings, and all the basics.
- Onion Creek-great for swimming and wading.
- Storytelling, sing-alongs, and impromptu concerts for kids.
Many of our kids’ activities are free (although tipping is appreciated), while some charge a fee. We look forward to creating new memories for your children-and providing an unforgettable experience for kids and adults alike.
Sign up for festival updates...
The Line Up
Thursday: Fred Eaglesmith, Della Mae, The Giving Tree Band, Lone Star Swing and Wood & Wire. Friday: The Del McCoury Band, Michael Franti, Son Volt, Justin Townes Earle, Carolina Chocolate Drops, Fred Eaglesmith, Terri Hendrix, Green Mountain Grass, Dirtfoot and Della Mae. Saturday: Leftover Salmon, Bob Schneider, Russell Moore & IIIrd Tyme Out, Martin Sexton, The Gourds, The James Hunter Six, Jerry Douglas, The Reivers, The Dunwells, Peter Rowan’s Twang an’ Groove, Casey Driessen Singularity, Elephant Revival, Lake Street Dive, Kimberly Zielnicki featuring the Lost & Nameless Orchestra, and Rose’s Pawn Shop. Sunday: The Gourds, Russell Moore & IIIrd Tyme Out, MilkDrive, Steve Poltz, and Elephant Revival
Subject to change
- 04 24 Thank you!
- 04 02 Phone Apps Ready!
- 03 25 Coffee vendor
- 03 21 Schedule Set for Old Settler's
- 01 12 Michael Franti, Bob Schneider and more at Old Settler's!